Pallets are one of the most common components used by most companies around the world when it comes to moving goods. They offer some amazing benefits that have kept their popularity going strong over the years.
Traditionally, the choice of material for pallets has always been wood. The use of plastic pallets is also increasing. You can also look for best pallet suppliers in Sydney.
Image Source: Google
The Pros And Cons Of Wooden Pallets
For shipping, wooden pallets are the most common choice. They are not only suitable for domestic but also international shipments. Pay attention to the pros and cons.
Here are some of the advantages of using wooden pallets.
- They are a cheaper option than plastic pallets.
- You can easily order custom pallets on wood.
- Wooden pallets are more environmentally friendly because they are natural.
- It's easy to recycle wooden pallets.
- If it breaks, it's easy to repair.
There are many downsides to using wooden pallets.
- Wooden pallets have a tendency to collapse if damaged, which can compromise safety.
- The porous surface of the wood makes the pallet susceptible to problems such as mold and insects.
- Wooden pallets are difficult to clean properly.
How The Situation Affects The Choice Of Pallets
Choosing between wooden or plastic pallets often depends on your current situation. Here are some possible situations you might encounter.
How much weight should pallets carry?
Wooden pallets and pallets have different weight classes. Plastic pallets usually cannot handle items weighing more than 1,500 pounds. To move heavier items, you should choose wooden pallets which can hold up to 3,000 pounds.